There are many types of braces. Today’s options range from colorfully cool, to nearly invisible. The choice is yours and you don’t have to come up with the answers alone. Your orthodontist is an expert in helping you find your perfect match. So set up a time to talk about your options. Until then, here’s a quick overview of the different types of braces available today.
The Invisalign system is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of.Using advanced 3-D computer-imaging technology; Invisalign depicts your complete treatment plan, from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position. Then a series of clear aligners are custom-made for your teeth—and your teeth only—to move them little by little. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series, until the final position of your teeth is achieved.
Tooth Colored Ceramic Braces
Clear braces are a popular choice for teens who want to make a lasting impression and adults who want to make a less noticeable statement during treatment.
Ceramic Braces (Clear) Clarity™ Ceramic Braces work like metal braces. Only better, because they blend in with your teeth for a great look. They are a perfect combination of strength and beauty.
- Translucent, designed to blend in with your teeth
- Small and smooth for your comfort
- Smile all you want, there’s no staining
- Clarity braces are trusted and used by orthodontists worldwide
- More than 1 million patients have been treated with Clarity braces
AlastiK™ Easy-To-Tie Ligatures
Metal Braces (Silver, Gold, Colors)
Many adults still have painful memories of the big clunky braces from the past. Luckily, times have changed, and so have metal braces. Modern braces are smaller and more comfortable than ever before with low profiles and strong adhesives. Tinsel teeth beware: from silver to a rainbow of color, today’s metal braces represent a brave new expression of confidence. Smaller braces enhance comfort and aesthetics.
- High bond strength provides firm, corrective forces
- Unique natural curvature provides maximum contact and comfort
- Smooth finish is easier on the lips and gums
- Metal braces with colored bands have become a popular new way to decorate teeth
Damon braces are designed to be discreet, comfortable, and easy to clean. Unlike traditional metal braces, the Damon System is “tieless,” which means there is no need for rubber bands to hold the brackets closed. This also eliminates the need for “tightening,” which is specific to traditional metal braces. Because this system does not utilize elastic ties, which attract and collect plaque, it is much easier to keep up with dental hygiene during orthodontic treatment. Additionally, Damon brackets are smaller, smoother, and less irritating to the cheeks and gums.Other advantages of the Damon System include:
- Smaller, sleeker brackets that are aesthetically pleasing
- Less friction, which deters tooth erosion and deterioration
- Reduced treatment time
- Reduced need for extractions and expanders
- Cutting-edge and continuously improving technology